University of Minnesota Job & Internship Fair 2022 - Virtual
Friday, February 25, 2022
10:00 - 4:00pm CST
To register, go to Handshake and click the 'Register Now' button.
Career Fair Fees:
$300: For-Profit Organizations
$150: Nonprofit, Government, Small Business, or New/Returning employers since 2018
$150: BIPOC-owned (organizations owned by Black, Indigenous, or People of Color)
All registrations must be submitted through Handshake. Upon registration, we’ll review the details you submitted for approval.
Engaging with candidates in this virtual environment includes:
● Video, audio, and chat communication with candidates
● Group sessions with up to 50 candidates at a time
● 1:1 student meetings scheduled in advance or after a group session
● Sharing your values and documentation with students ahead of time
Note: During registration, you’ll be asked to share the number of representatives who plan to attend the fair—up to 100 representatives per employer are able to participate in the fair. Each representative you register will be able to create their own unique schedule to engage with students. To learn more about these features, check out this Handshake-hosted training webinar.
Registration Deadline: February 18, 2022
Due to the setup required in our virtual career fair platform, employers who register after February 1st may see lower student engagement.
Payment Deadline: Monday, February 14, 2022.
After your registration is approved, you will receive an invoice which will direct you to log into Handshake to pay your fee. At that time you will be able to pay via credit card.
Cancellation deadline: February 14, 2022
There will be no refunds after this date. No refunds without written request.
To cancel your registration and request a refund, please email Brenton Rice at [email protected]
Posting Your Jobs and Scheduling Interviews:
We strongly encourage you to post your jobs to Handshake to ensure they are visible to candidates in advance of the Career Fair. Postings are active for 60 days.
IMPORTANT note about majors: Include all majors you are willing to hire. Students have been known to look for companies based on major searches. It's important to think of all possible majors that may be a fit. This will broaden the talent pool with qualified candidates.
Help students research your organization by sharing your Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) statement of purpose or mission statement. Our intent is to allow students easier access to finding and reviewing our employer partner's DEI statements on this website
Schedule Virtual Interviews:
Planning to interview candidates in the weeks following the fair?
- You can conduct virtual interviews (via computer or phone) for your full-time and internship opportunities. Virtual interviews can be requested and managed through Handshake, just like in-person interviews.. These interviews should be hosted using your own communications platform (ie Skype, Zoom, WebEx, etc)
- Even if you are not planning to use the scheduling functionality in Handshake, we would like you to request an interview date that you plan to conduct interviews so that we can track recruiting activity this year! Thank you for your cooperation in these efforts.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Registration, logistic, and pricing: email Brenton Rice at [email protected] or call 651-242-6589.
Handshake resources, help with schedules, and FAQs: visit Handshake's Virtual Engagement Kit.
Recruiting at the University of Minnesota: reference hire.umn.edu.
We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual University of Minnesota Job & Fair 2022 and partnering with you for a successful recruiting year!