The University of Minnesota’s international students possess key qualities and skills that are in high demand for employers. Hiring University of Minnesota’s international students is surprisingly quick, easy and cost-free until at least 12 months post-graduation.
International students at the University of Minnesota possess:
- Comprehensive education with emphasis on creative problem-solving, entrepreneurial mindset, and clear communication
- Abundant opportunities to participate in research, student organizations, mentorships and leadership development
- Strong analytical skills useful in addressing U.S. labor gaps
- Multilingual capacity, and experience succeeding in global work teams
- Adaptability, perseverance, and ability to function in highly ambiguous situations
Review information on options for hiring UMN International Students and frequently asked questions from the University of Minnesota International Student and Scholar Services.
Advisors at International Student and Scholar Services at UMN-Twin Cities offer general advice to employers about F-1, J-1, and H-1B visa work options for UMN international students. You can contact ISSS at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-7100. For information about a specific student, the student must first sign our release of information.
For more information on regulations regarding hiring international students, see http://www.uscis.gov/